Years of training goes into the creation of a talented cutting designer... especially at a large salon that boasts "continuous education." That does not, however, require us to spend a fortune obtaining a well crafted hairstyle — nor do we need to settle for a mediocre haircut just because our budget is tight. It just takes a bit of research and a little know-how to get exactly what you want.
Case in Point? The overpopulated salon — where you are ushered in an out with herds of other salon-goers, waiting for your carefully monitored slot of 30 or 45 minutes before being swapped for the next customer. It's a little, um, impersonal. But there are benefits to forgoing the personal atmosphere that many privately owned salons provide... a large salon may actually offer you more for your money overall. Here's Why:
- There are many stylists in various price ranges to choose from
- Continued education for designers to learn new cutting techniques, styles and trends
- Option for a re-cut if unsatisfied
- Longer business hours
- Referrals for other services
- Promotions and discounts
- Free bang-trims
- Impersonal customer service representatives
- Rush service
- Unexpected up-charges
- Longer wait times at the salon
Judge the pros and cons, then decide for yourself.