False eyelashes are a fun, sure-fire way to enhance your eyes, and not as tricky to apply as one might assume. For a special occasion or just for fun, these embellishments add intrigue to already beautiful eyes.
- Find the right length and color for you. Use brown for pale lashes and dark brown or black for dark lashes.
- Trim length to 1/8 inch longer than your natural lashes.
- Prep face so it is completely free of any dirt, oil or makeup residue.
- Add small amount of glue to base of the lash and let dry slightly for thirty seconds.
- Place base as close to the lash line as possible, following the natural curve of your eyelashes.
- Use a toothpick or tweezers to adjust placement.
- If using corner lashes (cat-eye), apply three to edge of lash line.
- Apply makeup, carefully using liner. Use mascara for maximum drama.
Add a couple of single faux fur lashes to the outer edges of the eyes for a subtle, sleepy look or across the entire eye for bold drama - either way, you will create a more feminine eye.