- Dark lip color makes your lips appear smaller and more defined, lighter colors will make them appear larger.
- Blast your eyelash curler with hot air from your hair dryer for 5-10 seconds before using to enhance curling power.
- Soften lip and eye pencils under warm water and wipe dry with a tissue allowing for smoother application.
- Bronzer should only go where the sun hits your face: nose, forehead, chin and apples of the cheeks.
- Concealer should be applied right about 1/2 inch below the bottom lash line. Light reflects upward, so this will brighten dark circles.
- Apply mascara to the base of the lash line as well as the tips. If applied only to the tips, beautifully curled lashes will fall under the weight.
- Blush should be dabbed on the apples and blended outwards with fingertips. Contouring products should be two shades darker then the color of your blush.
- Put the kabosh on raccoon eyes when applying smoky eye makeup. Either place a square of toilet paper beneath the lower lash line to catch loose shadow, or dab loose face powder before application then wipe away when finished to reduce staining.
- Let your moisturizer penetrate completely before applying foundation or concealer for clean application.
- Intensify eyeshadow and make it last longer by wetting the applicator.
- Add witch hazel to foundation and concealer to reduce oil production and shine.